Sunday, May 07, 2006

I did it for the Kittie, the Kittie...

I hope everyone's forgotten Limp Bizkit sufficiently to not get the title of this entry? Good.

I've begun a stint house sitting for my friends Dana and Chris...

It works out well just now as they have an office with a view of the back deck, Hi Speed internet and a nice Mac to work on... and I have reviews to write for an Exclaim! deadline. Noon tomorrow.

They also have three things which might (pre)occupy my attention:


Simon



Phoebe


...and my old nemesis... SATELLITE TELEVISION!!!!

I'll let you know how the battle goes later.

3 comments:

Joe Merrick said...

Not to get all nazi-like over limp bizkit lyrics -- but isn't it actually "I did it *all* for the kitty" etc.? Flows better. Cos Fred's got flow*. You know, they really went downhill after the monkey looking guy left to make experimental music about his penis.

--
* If you're actually named Fred, maybe take on an alias before hitting the streets. Tho they were still inexplicably successful ....

e. said...

I stand corrected and unapologetic.

I figure early 2007 will see a Durst comeback a la NĂ¼ Metal Vanilla Ice, except Fred will claim that he was forced into Rap Metal by his label, having turned his back on his first love and current pursuit: Urban Country (with touches of vocoder and heavily choreographed videos with guest appearences by Keith Urban, Paula Abdul and McCauly Culkin).

P.S. My word verification login is "nohty" ...Naughty, get it? Wow.

Joe Merrick said...

I want to make a soap called "As the World Churns" -- it'll be all about how my stomache feels when I read something like Durst + urban country.

I'd go to Victoriaville if he 'jammed out' the hits with Mike Patton. Fred up there with an acoustic guitar, leading the receptive crowd through a challenging yet rythmic (sp? -- can never get that word right)rendition of "Faith", while Patton pukes sound into a mic or cat or something.

And maybe he'd get pooped on.

Incidentally, my word verification is 'okmia'. I think it's a clever reference to the McVeigh terrorist attack -- Oklahoma, Missing in Action. Really kind of sad.