Friday, June 23, 2006

The Never Ending Story...


...ends when the big shaggy flying mop crashes into the side of a Wal-Mart in Michigan.

Or elseways when, on Monday, I get a non-Sunday day off for the first time in three weeks. Not that I don't love my job... (or at least not that I don't Sometimes love my job)... but I'd get tired of doing anything 6 days a week... except maybe fly fishing with grizzled old timey outdoorsmen.

The humidity has brought out admirably loopy folks... like the guy who had inherited a box of "classic" vinyl and wanted to sell it to me so he could pay to have his teeth fixed. When asked a few pre-emptive questions about the "classic" nature of the vinyl he seemed above board until...

Me: And of course they have to be in good condition.

He
: Well, no, they're actually not... scratches on most.

This is remarkable!! Usually it goes, "No they're in PERFECT condition, only played once, taped and stored in an airtight lead box," then they bring 'em in covered in mold, barnacles and with a small wild animal near starved at the bottom of the pile. So to admit up front that they're crap... what progress!!!

My favourite surrealist quote this week came from our "not-as-hip-as-he-would-hope" Nirvana fan... friend of the disgruntled Ponderosa worker... who, holding up a 7" of Fleetwood Mac Tusk asked this now timeless question:

"Does this single have any Stevie Nicks or is it just The Mac?"

I think we've all asked ourselves the same question at least once in our lives.

1 comment:

Joe Merrick said...

I ask myself all the time, who's the mac? who's the mac?

then they come with the thorazine