Tuesday, September 12, 2006

the new new new year



So I'm back and grinding.... This term my 11 hour days number four in total. Mike, my able and cheery part time store employee, is hitting higher education for real, taking 6-7 courses this term to wrap things up in his degree. I applaud higher education. The me-centric downside is his inability to work any day except Saturday, ergo a 44 hour work week in four days... plus a 6 hour kicker on Friday. I'll be rolling in cash ... that is until I fall asleep atop it all from age and exhaustion. Still.

This week is the hard one to get through. Fiddlehead stuff gears up. Store stuff gears up with many many new releases. Exclaim! reviews deadline. And, of course a performance/event to coordinate for this Friday. See here for more.

Most of the above is actually taken care of... except for an event program and my own sound file contribution to the Five, One Hundred performance (John, Chris and I). We've decided on doing a tribute to Phil Iverson. There's soooo much going on this Friday, though... hope we get a crowd.

If you're starved for music today you can listen to the Backstreet Blog's Summer in September mix. Just click riiiiiiiiight here.

Going.

Going.

Gon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice photo e. whose camera?

Joe Merrick said...

Heeeeeey uhhhhhh ... what is this Surge Events? I feel like I missed something in this internet continuum; are you responsible for a new website? Promotion company? Online smut purveyance mechanism?

J

e. said...

To M. Thanks... and it's my camera... just a shot I took awhile ago and hadn't used yet.

To Mr. Merrick... Surge! is all things to all people... but especially it's an avant garde arts series... the likes of which could only previously found in my pants... now let loose upon the greater Fredericton area... specifically the Charlotte St. Art Center on Friday September 15, 8 pm... BE THERE MONSTER TRUCK LOVERS!!!