Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Wire shorts out. Dozens of jaws go slack.

In an obvious bid to drum up dowtown camaraderie a wire outside the Towne Shoppe shorted out a little before 5pm today.



People stopped what they were doing, stopped going where they were going and gazed in wonderment at the three police cars, one fire truck and slightly blackened brick on the second story of the building on the corner of York and King.


The gentleman pictured above turned to me after I put away my camera and asked:

"What is it that has happened?"

"A wire shorted out"

"So is it a fire or an electrical fire?"

"A wire shorted out, I guess that makes it electrical"

"Do you think they will extinguish it?"

"I suppose they have that in mind."

"Is it a fire that..."

"Look I just got off work, go ask the people with their mouths open over there."


Still despite the over-inquisitive few it was an event that united, however briefly, the blue of collar and white of trash...

...with the white of collar and blue because of bad parking.

Ciao

No comments: