Saturday, August 27, 2011

First thing in the morning

+
=


Guy:  I have a few CDs I'd like to sell for cash
Me:  I'll have a look, at least.

Open bag:  7 Nickelback CDs

Me:   I can't really do much with Nickelback... no one really looks for them up here.
Guy:  I guess. I cringe when I hear them, now.

[the question arises why it took 7 CDs to arrive at this].

Me:  I can understand that reaction.
Guy:  (pauses)  So there's no way I can get even $10 for them?

[this is a common follow-up to me telling someone that I can use what they're trying to unload.  I've yet to get the logic of expecting money for something I've already said was utterly valueless to me.  In my opinion this is a rung below panhandling]

Me:  All I'd be doing them is putting them on the street for cars to drive over.  That's not quite worth $10 to me.  Sorry.

[scene]

2 comments:

jawad haider said...

Thanks For Sharing the wonderful article, this post is really amazing. herbal incense wholesale

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.