Friday, August 26, 2011

KISS Army


Day one (telephone):

Guy:  You buy records right?
Me:  We do if we think we can resell them.
Guy:  I have a bunch I'd like to sell.
Me:  What kind of titles are we talking about?
Guy:  I'm not sure.
Me:  You don't know what you have for sale?
Guy:  Well they're in a bag.  I think there's a Heart album in there.
Me:  Hmm, well we might take that if it's in good shape.  Basically we're looking for classic rock, punk, metal, folk etc.  We don't take classical, country, easy listening or compilations like K-Tel, Time/Life etc.
Guy:  So classic stuff like Zeppelin, Floyd and KISS, right?
Me:  Yeah those are titles we can sell provided they are in good shape.
Guy:  Well I have a lot of KISS albums, but I'm not looking to sell those...
Me:  That's too bad, we can always sell KISS.
Guy:  Yeah there's a bunch of others in the bag, but I'm not going to sell my KISS.  Are you going to be in tomorrow?
Me:  Yes, from 11 to 5pm.
Guy:  And your name is, so I know who I'm dealing with?
Me:  I'm Eric.
Guy:  I'll see you tomorrow.

Day two (instore)

Guy:  Are you Eric?
Me:  Yes.
Guy:  I talked to you on the phone, these are the albums I had to sell.

(produces cloth bag with about 25-30 7" records without sleeves rattling around and two copies of AC/DC - Back in Black, a copy of Michael Jackson - Thriller, a copy of Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil and a copy of Loverboy - Get Lucky.  The sleeves of all of these have dozens of hand drawn KISS logos more or less completely obliterating all of the artwork).

Me:  I don't think I'd be able to resell them in this condition.
Guy:  Oh really?
Me:  Yeah, sorry

[scene]

1 comment:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.