Tuesday, April 25, 2006

If you say so.


I've not been ignoring you, friends... my energy's been directed elsewhere, briefly.

Fr'instance... I completed two new hour long mixes for both the Backstreet and Surgery blogs.

The Backstreet mix is here.
The Surgery mix is here.

I also finished up work at the lab last Thursday... so I'm not automatically in front of a computer every night for five hours. A blessing for some, a curse for others... for me... a blurse, I guess.

My first weekend off was also blursed with a borrowed copy of the first season of the new Battlestar Galatica TV series. Proof you can be serious in Sci Fi without having to be pretentious too.

Right now I'm struggling through store stuff... Getting little orders/special orders out there... doing it for the kids, y'know.

By the way... the store'd been bereft of quotable exchanges until last week when a customer showed up to pick up a specially ordered CD. He'd not been in the store before and had been directed to us for special order purposes by one of the chain stores. After paying for his disc and poking around a bit he headed for the door, but just before leaving:

He: Oh, I know another disc you can get for me.

Me: Sure.

He: Dylan's Street Legal.

Me: Yeah, that doesn't show up second hand very much... no problem.

He: It's a good one. I was in a Mexican prison for two years a while back and it was one of two tapes I had.

Me: I would think you'd never want to hear it again!

He: No, it was one of my crowning moments.

and he was off.

Gotta split, too.

No comments: