Thursday, February 01, 2007

Bless you Lynda Carter

I was just minding my own business... whatever that is... and next thing I knew a Campus security guard came and got me then ushered me into a room full of other Campus security and Fredericton Police officers. Turns out they couldn't get their laptop PowerPoint presentation to project. Mostly because they had no projector. I find it tough to be a smartass when people are carrying weapons. Head Security dude retrieved a projector from downstairs and set it up but still no dice, so back into the heavily uniformed room I went. After some futzing with the laptop and projector it all popped to life.

As I left I did get the whole room to laugh... so I guess I don't have to worry about getting a billy club to the head walking home from work.

My other evening malaise came from having to buy dinner in the cafeteria downstairs. The cheapest thing I could buy was a wrapped and refrigerated Roast Beef sub (6 inch), a can of V8 and a bag of Munchos... total $7.53. My longstanding standard has been expensive equals either very tasty or very plentiful, and cheap is ok if your expectations are low and again quantity is abundant... i.e. Jubilee Super Buffet all you can eat for about $12 if you don't mind 100 items that all vaguely taste of propane. You develop a forgiving palate.

One recent item I've become addicted to (much in the manner of the Lays Salt and Pepper Chips of last year) is the 691 mL can of Arizona Honey Ginseng Iced Green Tea. Tasty, voluminous and 99 cents!!! I can be cheap and at least marginally healthy. Bizarre!!! I can't find a picture of the can right now... but take my word for it. Unless you have a spare lasso of truth hanging around.

No comments: